a dissident* is here... escape is never the safest path...

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Jonny WIlkinson - "I've been searching for tranquility in a world of obsession"



I have been modestly observing the carrer journey of one of ENglands top rugby player and it was a really nice surprise to find an article in the sport section of the guardian about him with the subtitle "the fly-half reveals how Buddhism has helped him reach a fresh equilibrium".

I am not sure if I have ever discussed on this blog that I have been going on multiple courses to become a facilitator for reducing the psychological effects of trauma, but also to facilitate personal development and self-actualisations. This approach generally helps reach equilibrium with the self and others.

Looking back I have had many acquaintances with buddhism masked or simply implemented in many other spiritual and not so spiritual practices... such as cleaning (i find it very maditative).

Here is a link to the article and to the audio recording of the interview with Jonny Wilkinson.

I really like the interview and through the words of the Interviewer I can see how misunderstood Buddhism as the philosophy of the East is and how far away from peace and tranquility the majority of the western people are.

I do put myself in that number but I am working on it, and I recommend that sort of personal work to anyone. It gives you so much more ability to fully experience every moment of life.

No comments:

ShareThis